Christian school expels student over rainbow birthday cake

If that’s the case, she’s got a rainbow on her sweater too! I wonder if wearing a rainbow is acceptable or if it’s just a problem if it’s in cake form.

2 Likes

Who wants to tell these “Christians” what white light is made from?Prism with Light

8 Likes

“Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar” - (not) Sigmund Freud

Maybe someone in this school doesn’t realize that the rainbow is not the Trademarked Property of Gay People Everywhere. A rainbow can be just a rainbow, you twits.

Of course, an OK hand sign can just be an OK hand sign.

And a cartoon frog can just be a cartoon frog.

2 Likes

Rainbows are gay?!?! No one tell Dorthy or her friends! /sarcasm /humor

3 Likes

First she gets expelled for her shirt, now for her cake? She’s having a really bad week.

2 Likes

Honestly, she is better off going to a public school

3 Likes

I think the parents are getting the more valuable lesson here. They sent their daughter there no knowing what assholes they were, or even better knew very well and were on board with it - how’d that work out for you when you are on the receiving end of ignorant hate?

3 Likes

Another example of how 1st Amendment religious expression is given (too much) preference over the other 1st Amendment rights. If freedom of expression was primary, the church would not be able to do this.

1 Like

As an organization, If “cultural acceptance” is on your list of bad things, then you can go fuck yourself.

6 Likes

Years ago, I gave a Little People Noah’s Ark playset to my young goddaughter for her third birthday. I found out later that her conservative parents had never let her play with it because the ark had a rainbow flag on it.

(Apparently, the playset no longer features the flag. Thanks, Million Moms!)

411X94YQ5ZL.AC

7 Likes

I recently had someone on the internet try to insult me by calling me “one of those progressives”. And when “progress” becomes the root of something bad… it feels like we are in Tower of Babel territory.

For that matter, “conserve” at the root of what forms the red team… that’s pretty messed up.

2 Likes

They need to update that saying:

“The Greatest trick the Devil every played, was convincing man the rainbow wasn’t a symbol of God.”

2 Likes

So what happens when the school administrators see a rainbow in the sky? Do they think the sky is demonstrating a posture of morality and cultural acceptance?

If your beliefs do not include cultural acceptance, you can fuck all the way off. This young woman is way better off as far from that awful place as possible.

3 Likes

He would be murdered again. Dostoevsky lays it all out in The Grand Inquisitor.

4 Likes

Heck of a lot cheaper, too!

Lib climate change conspiracy. Chemtrails and the like.

3 Likes

While true, the article didn’t say whether tuition was refunded (it usually isn’t for expulsion for cause) and even if they get her enrolled at the local public school, it’s still going to harm her academic progress in the short term.

1 Like

Rainbows aren’t straight, they’re curved gay!

2 Likes

great next they’ll be banning kids for singin the colors song

1 Like