Saudi police seize rainbow-colored toys and clothes

Originally published at: Saudi police seize rainbow-colored toys and clothes | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Fuck these fucking throw-back motherfuckers.

33 Likes

Assholes.

26 Likes

Have they outlawed rain during daylight hours, too? If not, children may still be exposed to and corrupted by satanic rainbows. :scream:

Idiots.

34 Likes

I’d guess the incidence of rainbows in their desert is minimal, sadly.

8 Likes

And reducing opportunities for satan each year thanks to climate change. :imp:

12 Likes

Oh hey they’re using scary sounding music in their propaganda. They’re learning a thing or two from conservative super pacs in the states who make political tv ads.

11 Likes

Man, their masculinity must be particularly fragile to be intimidated by the colors of refracted light.

27 Likes

“Henceforth, actual rainbows in the sky shall be called ‘deviant arcs’ and no citizen may look upon them. So it is decreed.”

10 Likes

The ever-myopic House of Saud doesn’t realise that one story like this wipes out any gains from very pricey sportswashing enterprises.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2022/06/10/sportswashing-explained-saudis-liv-golf/10003676002/

11 Likes

i’m convinced that video was produced by the south park guys

2 Likes

Fuck.
Are they confiscating all prisms, too?
:rage:

10 Likes

Torture and execution: fine.

Rainbows: banned in case they are seen to represent love.

Animated GIF

16 Likes

Why are they so mad about Allah’s promise to not flood the world again??

10 Likes

Oh, what I wouldn’t give for a “30 Helens one-finger salute” gif. Too bad Kids in the Hall was pretty much PG-13. I’ll have to settle for 30 Helens agreeing with your gif.

10 Likes

…its teams were confiscating “products that contain symbols and signs calling for deviation and contradicting common sense”.

Coming soon to a Republican state near you…

8 Likes

Religion mixed with conservative beliefs sure does bring out the worst qualities in people. These fearless cops confiscate rainbow symbols but do they do anything to protect their boys from sexual abuse? What a bunch of closet cases they got. Seems it’s ok to sexually abuse boys but the idea that people who consent might enjoy gay sex just shorts them out. While there is much about the culture and depth of society that I would find interesting to see and experience there is no way I’d go to Saudi Arabia. I did not address the amount of sexual abuse directed to girls although it is more significant that to boys. 1 in 4 girls to 1 in 6 boys are sexually abused. The Saudis keep a tight lid on information coming out about any type of child abuse. I bet they got it in their “thoughts & prayers” though.

3 Likes

Two can play at that game, assholes. Fixed it for ya:

4 Likes

rankin bass santa claus is comin to town | Tumblr

2 Likes

So, gay people who would be wearing rainbow clothes are now going to be more naked, and that will discourage them from wanting to have sexy times? I’m not sure they thought this through.

1 Like