High tech lock is "invincible to people who do not have a screwdriver"

Shhh. That’s how the Canadians are going to keep the orange one and his minions out.

1 Like

Torx drivers are frequently available on folding multitools made for cyclists, hub-mounted disc brakes usually use Torx bolts to hold the rotor onto the hub, and Torx bolts are found elsewhere too. While it’s unlikely that a would-be housebreaker would carry such a thing, equally, someone who’s clued-up is likely to be tooled-up to avoid making too much noise when entering homes.

2 Likes

But did you actually save 90%???

4 Likes

After convincing my clients these damned things were perfectly secure (3 of them asked about the obvious security “issues”) I saved 10,000%! Maybe more! #ThanksTrump for absolving my lack of scruples. After all, it’s ALL business.

2 Likes

Well, the lock I am designing can be cracked only by people who have Waldorf salads. Choke on that, thieves!

1 Like

It undoubtedly isn’t made by lock people; but it would very, very much fail to surprise me if a review by someone of the electrical tinkering bent would reveal a variety of hideous sins on that side of the operation as well.

They won’t necessarily be worth exploiting given that the thing will fall open before you finish getting the probes attached; but a hideously naive electrical design would be right in character.

Vulnerability to external magnetic fields would also be likely(if any part of the lock is actually classy enough to include ferrous metals…)

Just make the torx threads left-handed. That’ll confound the shit out of criminals

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.