Hilarious video of every parent at Disney parks ever

You have to plan it right. But I can see the problem. For some (many?) families, this is a once-in-a-lifetime trip because they need to save for years to go. I can totally see how some parents feel like they have to go from opening to closing and cram in as much as they can into each day. Unfortunately, especially with younger kids, this can lead to a really stressful vacation and hence not a fun time.

If you can afford to go often, or can convince yourself that you don’t need to see everything, it can be a less stressful and fun vacation.

2 Likes

Also nice if you can manage it, is to visit during the off-season. It’s a trifecta of better: cooler, shorter lines, less expensive.

1 Like

Yeah, but shorter hours… I kinda like walking around the parks at night. Less little kids (except for the aforementioned parents who need to squeeze out every minute of fun for their families they can)

I grew up an hour from Disneyland. From the age of 5-6 we went at least once every year. When you live close you can choose off days to go and when I was a kid it truly was a magical place. After going so many times as I grew older it just wasn’t the same. Then, when I turned 18 me and two of my friends went and tripped on acid there. It became magical again.

When I was a kid, our circumstances were such that we could only afford to go once, when I was maybe 10 years old. After I grew up, I didn’t go again until my 30s. It was then pretty incredible. Then we started having kids and we went more often. The magic wore off pretty quickly. The place shrunk. Cynicism set in (why should I go to California Adventure? I live in California, I could see the redwoods for real!).

It seems that it’s good to not get too familiar with those things that you have a fondness for.

Disney related:
When my sister suggested a Disney cruise ship for the location of the family reunion, I said “I only have two problems with that- Disney and Cruise Ship.”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.