Hillary Clinton accepts Democratic party nomination for president

Some threads call for a chill. Some call for cake. So here’s some ice cream cake for ya:

4 Likes

Awwww, thank you! :flushed: Right back at ya!

5 Likes

@nimelennar, I am on board with Hillary. I live in the swing state of VA and it would be irresponsible of me to write in Bernie or vote Green - there’s too much at stake!

My form of protest will be not contributing to Hillary or phone banking for her or knocking on doors - all things I’ve done in the past.

I’m not enthusiastic, but I’m not suicidal,either.

3 Likes

Effective protest is action, not inaction. The electorate most motivated to go to the polls this year is Trump’s, not Hilary’s, so it’s worth knocking on doors this season. If you stop there, then yes, you’re giving the Democratic party the impression that you support Hilary. Balls to that. Raise hell with your local Dem chapter, let your state Dem candidates this election know that while Hilary has your vote, they do not—not necessarily, that is. Tell them how you feel that they’ve fallen short, what you’d like to see happen, and if possible get feedback from them on what path they think might get us there.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Moreover, now, while the progressive wing of the party is energized and mobolized, is a great time to take over the party from within, which means getting your friends together, going to party meetings, and getting elected into positions of authority there. If the Sanders supporters can take over the Party in my state, they can do it in yours.

Meanwhile, there are issues where Clinton is strongly on the right side - choice, gun control, equal opportunity, support for poor women and children - where vulnerable people need her to win, and need her to win with a mandate. Any progressive (even in a non-swing state) who decides that they’re going to sit back and do nothing,or maybe vote 3rd party or write in their dog, that’s just their privilege showing.

5 Likes

A faultless fulcrum for this presidential election’s (essentially) either-or choice. Well said.

3 Likes

All politics is local. I do far more work down ticket every year than I do at the top every four.

3 Likes

In that case, you’re doing everything right and I misunderstood you. Keep the pressure going!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.