"Hindenburg Award" launched to recognize Republicans enabling Trump's fascism

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/15/hindenburg-award-launched-to-recognize-republicans-enabling-trumps-fascism.html

7 Likes

Right now if you are at the north pole, a compass would point toward Russia. That may or may not be symbolic of something here, I don’t know.

13 Likes

“ I’ve heard her described as a Moynihan Democrat.”

We’ve all heard odd stories. She’d been a Republican for decades. She’s been part of republican institutions for decades and made her living as a Republican.

She’s a Likud supporter.

Moynihan never worked for the National Review.

13 Likes

The number of GOP careerists who thought they would be the ones who could benefit from Trump’s naivete and control him is remarkable. Bolton, Kelly, Tillerson, Pompeo, Barr, they all thought that because they were smart and they knew how government worked that they’d be able to leverage that into something they wanted, never understanding Trump wasn’t playing the same game they were.

There should be a von Papen Award to go with the Hindenburg, for all those who thought “In two months time, we will have squeezed [Trump] into a corner until he squeaks.”

15 Likes

this needs to be a weekly or monthly award. there’s just too many of these creeps to highlight prior to the election.

14 Likes

If ■■■■■ was a JKR wizard, his Patronus would be Vlad Putin.

But he’s not, so he has nothing to protect him from dementation.

5 Likes

Weekly?

Daily.

9 Likes

Fuck Around, win valuable prizes.

7 Likes

By who? Your link just goes to the Wikipedia page for Moynihan and that page doesn’t list that term. I’ve never heard that term before. Moynihan was a lifelong liberal Democrat at a time when liberal Democrats in this country weren’t centrists. This is the kind of rhetorical bullshit Trump uses all the time. “Many people say…” Yeah? Who? Who said this. Give me a link. Provide literally any proof. Wait…lemme Google it…

LMAO! Ok, I found out who described her that way. She did. She described herself that way. That doesn’t count.

Finally, many people ask: Are you all big-“D” Democrats now? My answer is “it depends.” I am a Pat Moynihan Democrat, a Scoop Jackson Democrat, an Andrew Cuomo Democrat. I’m not a Bernie Sanders Democrat.

16 Likes

Community GIF

One World Beyonce GIF by Global Citizen

15 Likes

Hope they got a bulk discount
Oprah Lol GIF by Amy Poehler's Smart Girls

5 Likes

Seriously think this could be hourly and it could keep going for at LEAST a year or two…

5 Likes

The Rock Reaction GIF

12 Likes

Mitch McConnell deserves the inaugural prize. I’d also propose a related reward, the coveted Kapo statuette.

Which is to say, she’s under the mistaken impression that Sanders would put the U.S. on the Commie road to serfdom. I wonder what she thinks of FDR,

7 Likes

I admit it. I’m a facist. I’ve always liked faces. I’ve never knobbbed a donkey, though. I wouldn’t know how to use the extra b.

4 Likes

You seem to have mistaken BB for a Nazi bar.

Try somewhere else.

13 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

Benedict Cumberbatch Drinking GIF

7 Likes

welcome to boing boing bugs silly 3

If you’re considering sticking around, I’d suggest checking out this Site’s Guidelines here and here; those pages explain the standards of conduct we’re all obliged to follow in order to participate.

10 Likes

Hell, there should already be a Hall of Fame with hundreds, if not thousands of inductees.

1 Like