History of cart racing games

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/21/history-of-cart-racing-games.html

3 Likes

The Disney Magical Racing tour was the best, though… they did the maps pretty faithful to the rides, and I’d love going in to practice mode and just exploring the Pirates or Haunted Mansion and see the level of detail (for a PS 2/3 game) they put into it.

1 Like

That’s the sad story of so many things. Beanie Babies is the first that springs to my mind.

I’ve enjoyed a few cart racers, but it’s not my favorite gaming go-to. I may be misremembering, but I swear at one point I got a Nickelodeon themed cart racer for my daughter because she really liked the Rugrats.

1 Like

tenor

5 Likes

crash team racing was the best, happy to help

1 Like

Cart racing games will always remind me of President Donald J. Trump’s penis. Thanks Trump.

Look, if you were making a tie-in game in that era and didn’t want a platformer, you made a cart racer. Or, if you already had a successful platformer, you branched out and made a cart racer. It’s completely logical.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.