"Holy f*ck, bro!" Man videotapes a bizarre pit on a freeway on-ramp, then gets a surprise

Originally published at: "Holy f*ck, bro!" Man videotapes a bizarre pit on a freeway on-ramp, then gets a surprise | Boing Boing

12 Likes

I’m pretty sure that he was, indeed, high.

26 Likes

:joy::rofl::rofl:
In flat country, I have had similar “optical illusions” where it looks like something is strung across the road but it’s a power line (at regular height) further down the road. And I totally was not high.
This would’ve probably gotten me, though I likely would not stop in a tunnel.

18 Likes

Can confirm that, we got highness.

8 Likes

To be fair, it did seem that the other drivers were also fooled, for at least a moment–they slowed and avoided it.

14 Likes

I still wouldn’t have trusted that after seeing someone drive through it.

29 Likes

It is a foolish idea to drive though any significantly-sized puddle, as you have no idea how deep it could be.

9 Likes

And in the summer heat, the road can disappear completely.

12 Likes

It was a pretty convincing illusion for a second or so even on the camera. Been there.

17 Likes

Clearly, his dashboard Saint Batman saved his from one of the Mirror Master’s nefarious traps!

6 Likes

The first guy through moved as far over to the other side of the tunnel as he could get.

2 Likes

Immediately after that puddle, the dungeon master put a 20x20 pit to ensnare the party.

10 Likes

I fucking hate it so much when my brain lies to me!

4 Likes
11 Likes

There are some excellent spots like that in Howe Caverns (central New York). I’ve got photos but they don’t do it justice.

4 Likes

Devious enough for the Grimtooth seal of approval.

4 Likes

That was great. I needed to see that rather than a car falling into a pit.

2 Likes

puddles can be more dangerous than aliens or even the trump of some heavy feet

mark my words

1 Like

Well, he was on a highway.

Sorry

Not sorry.

3 Likes

Yeah, i skipped this until I saw the reboing and came back.