Homeopathic infant teething products contain dangerous levels of deadly nightshade

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/08/17/homeolab-usa.html

3 Likes

Well, that’s one way to stop teething pains.

10 Likes

I sense a lawsuit in the air.

4 Likes

Here kid, I’ll give you something to cry about.

8 Likes

Well, at least it had an active ingredient.

Add false advertising to the list.

25 Likes

My wife works in the manufacturing of personal use products. She says they have to fight off the belladonna all the time.
Sometimes they have to bar the doors and board the windows.
You have to shoot them in the brain.

10 Likes

Wait…

“Homeopathic” with a measurable level of anything besides water :interrobang:

Homeopathy, they’re doin’ it wrong.

14 Likes

To be fair, it does say “kids relief” not “kid’s relief”. One can read that as relief from kids.

16 Likes

The parents should have known when the tubes were labelled as “Now with Frog’s Breath, for a taste kids will love!”

5 Likes

What’s wrong with too much Stevie Nicks? :thinking:

1 Like

People should just stick with the lively nightshade.

1 Like

Homeolab USA a Canadian company? Damn Canucks are running a false flag, but I see right through it.

5 Likes

It’s actually pretty common. Diluting things is hard. Not hard like “scientists still aren’t sure how to do it properly”, but hard like “you have to have a brain and use it”. If you reuse containers or stirring instruments for multiple stages of the dilution you can easily get cross contamination at levels much higher than your simple dilution ratio would suggest. Woo practitioners are also likely to reject the techniques that are developed to prevent this such as using “unnatural” non-porous, non-absorptive materials like porcelain and stainless steel and aggressive washing procedures, either to enhance the woo or simply because they are more expensive. Licensed pharmaceutical manufacturers are required to have strict procedures and testing to make sure that the concentration of active ingredients is correct, but fake medicine is not regulated, so these products can be made in someones kitchen. Their quality assurance department consists of the graphic designer who puts “high quality” on the label.

10 Likes

The irony of an homeopathic “remedy” that actually contains more than water and sugar but kills instead of not doing anything.

BRILLIANT!

That shit is so twisted you can’t even make up that.

8 Likes

If you aren’t willing to replace your regular coffee with homeopathic coffee, then you know deep down that homeopathics are a joke.

http://homeopathiccoffee.com/

6 Likes

Why is there anything in there besides water?

1 Like

In Homeolab’s defense, every time they try to comply with the FDA by lowering the amount of belladonna, it just becomes more potent.

17 Likes

5 Likes

Quality control team is just a bunch of heavily armed security guards

At least nightshade comes from nature and doesn’t contain “chemicals”!

9 Likes