Homeowner confronts porch pirate with a bat (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/05/homeowner-confronts-porch-pirate-with-a-bat-video.html

7 Likes

As a Black Sabbath fan, the headline wrote cheques the body copy couldn’t cash.

20 Likes

In some jurisdictions, remember to also have a glove and a ball so that you can claim you were just going out for some batting practice when you encountered the individual.

15 Likes

Awesome. I hate thieves. F*ck around and find out!

3 Likes

Homeowner confronts porch pirate with a bat (video)

Why did the porch pirate have a bat?

9 Likes

I was expecting more of this.
Misleading headline.

11 Likes

Yeah. Northern Ireland in the old days.

Good times….

Also: tell your partner to tell the RUC when they ask that you were making a cheesecake with all those digestive biscuits when you are lifted with them.

6 Likes

internet what GIF

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s probably in my mind because of the recent death and film out at the same time. . I was considering it in the dead celebrity, and movies thread. But I haven’t seen the new film, and honestly I was always suspicious of the physics of it.

2 Likes

How he got the bat we’ll never know.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Condoning violence against non-violent crimes is the point where I stop reading this blog. And I’ve been a reader for 15+ years. Goodbye

3 Likes

I was thinking of a PRIG - improvised grenade launcher that used digestive biscuits as a countershot. I don’t know which film you mean.

4 Likes

About

And as you know she was behind

Which was why your partner had to have cream cheese at home if you were lifted with miultiple packets of digestives.

Sorry for the detail but the above about baseball bats is also true.

5 Likes

I wanted it to be that kind of bat so bad.

2 Likes

Yea also those were “decoy” boxes… not to support thievery but the homeowner is probably lucky the guy didn’t have a gun.

3 Likes

Did you watch the video?

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Definitely a real possibility from both parties.

1 Like

why not just modify a potato cannon?

1 Like

I suppose I don’t really blame you for leaving, @disbliss.
If these were genuinely decoy boxes, then the homeowner is deliberately looking for an excuse to bully.
I mean, “Get on your fucking knees”? WTF is this shit? That’s when I stopped watching Walking Dead.

I get the homeowners frustration if he’s had stuff nicked before, but this is ‘stand your ground’ gone mad.
He’s threatening the man’s life.

Rather than “get on your knees”, how about, “just put it back, man, and kindly don’t nick my shit again”?

Grrrrrrr…

4 Likes