Honda’s odd-looking Motocompo scooter returns as an electric model

Originally published at: Honda's odd-looking Motocompo scooter returns as an electric model | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I like it! Although it looks a bit unsafe and easily stolen.

1 Like

Ooo, cool. I hope we see some soon that take the guts of an electric riding lawnmower. Snap the batteries in, and go.

Reboing @frauenfelder : Honda's Motocompacto is an electric briefcase-sized scooter | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Not far off from the Modobag…

I witnessed one of these heading down a terminal at DCA a few months back. Yes, it’s as silly as one might imagine.

3 Likes

I love the look but it seems like it’d be pretty unwieldy to tote around if its your only means of transportation. Versus something like an electric skateboard or scooter which you can carry around with you more easily when not in use

3 Likes

I’m not sure it could make it over a painted line in the; never mind a crack in the sidewalk.

1 Like

Honda designer considering electric bikes: ¨Too aerodynamic, needs more plastic.¨

1 Like

Electric skateboards and scooters are actually illegal in a lot of countries (including mine, the Netherlands) because they lack a lot of features required for motorized vehicles, like handlebars and / or a seat. I’d also feel a lot more secure on something like that and the mentioned max speed (23 km/h). This looks like more of an alternative to a folding bicycle, so it wouldn’t be your only form of transport.
As an aside, the motor would strike me as plenty powerful. Having over a horsepower on a bicycle is insane to me. AFAIK, most people don’t paddle with more than like 100-200 Watts.

1 Like

Thanks for the summary; I do not click on videos with thumbnails that look like :crazy_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.