Hooters stock price jumps 50% when company says the word "blockchain"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/02/hooters-stock-price-jumps-50.html

4 Likes

powerpuff-girls-bubbles-oh-no

23 Likes

Ah, this must be the mystery of item 2 in the list of 3 which ends in “profit.”

22 Likes

So, is it because investors think that men value their privacy regarding their visits to Hooters, or because they think there will be a cryptocurrency speculation bubble on this “currency?”

also

is that a cock joke?

11 Likes

Forget bulls and bears, all I see is a big herd of sheep here.

7 Likes

I see cryptocurrencies are bringing fee-to-play games into real life.

5 Likes

So…

…what problem does this solve? What is it for? I mean I know it is for causing the price of stock to grow up and riding the big cryptocurrency bubble for all its worth until the poor bastards who’ve drunk their fill of the flavor-aid of delusion lose their cryptographically signed shirts, but what are they pretending it will solve?

12 Likes

I. Uhm. What???!!!

Seriousky, I can see advantages to using a block chain for this implementation, but I can’t, for the life of me, figure out why investors would care about it.

Also, Hooters is only “worth” 8MM? That seems like an exceptionally low valuation for a household brand name…

1 Like

Truly, we live in the stupidest timeline.

10 Likes

Two quick questions:

1. Where do I find the link to change my bbs name to “blockchain”?

2. Can I have some money?

19 Likes

I thought I had missed the train for cryptocurrency. Apparently my approach is just wrong - not to invest in cryptocurrencies, but to get people to give me money for mentioning them. Maybe I should start a new (block) chain restaurant called “Crytocurrency.”

More and more I’m realizing about life today: It’s all cock jokes.

Are they even pretending?

5 Likes

I’m going to combine all today’s news into a single perfect money-making machine.

It will involve a quantum blockchain of women’s breasts.

8 Likes

Shut up and take my money?

9 Likes

Long Island Iced Tea What You Did There.

4 Likes

BoingBoing clickthroughs jump 50% when blog says the word "Hooters"

23 Likes

As I understand it, restaurants like this (the type that sprout like weeds in suburban lots) have overbuilt following the recession, and are having a pretty bad year.

2 Likes

Mr. McGuire: I want to say one word to you. Just one word.
Benjamin: Yes, sir.
Mr. McGuire: Are you listening?
Benjamin: Yes, I am.
Mr. McGuire: Blockchains.
Benjamin: Exactly how do you mean?
Mr. McGuire: There’s a great future in blockchains. Think about it. Will you think about it?

16 Likes

I was a young fellow when Hooters first came into being. It was spoken of in hushed tones, as if it was the naughtiest strip club in town. Years later, I visited one and had a pretty decent hamburger. The strippers were nowhere to be found.

5 Likes

It’s the thingamajig that does the job, doncha know.

4 Likes

There must be some derivitive based trading bot looking for blockchains to invest in. For their own sake I hope they have some human looking for WTF! trades.