Hooters stock price jumps 50% when company says the word "blockchain"

I was hoping for make some kind of funny inuendo, but I can’t think of anything funny about this, it’s just too sad.

That’s what I thought about the Stephen Fry reads “The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy”. My wife didn’t think it was funny and I made the mistake of trying to explain the “take my money” meme and it didn’t get any funnier… sigh

Same here. I went to one during college–at the Mall of America no less–with a friend who later came out of the closet and whom had a crush on me. He chose the restruant, so I’m confused as to the decision chain he followed in making that decision. Regardless, the food was good and the service was excellent–the staff was friendly and attentive. I never felt a need to go back.

3 Likes

So blockchain is the new Green Stamps?

4 Likes

I am thinking of starting a Science Fiction/Horror cryptocurrency. I am going to call it “BlochChain”.

Or if I want to use real chains I will call it “BarkerBucks”.

I was going to ask if they would start serving Long Island Blockchains.

3 Likes

I think this is a company that holds stock in certain Hooters’ franchises. It is not THE Hooters company despite the post suggesting that it is.

Also, given how small it is and how facially ridiculous this whole thing is, I wouldn’t be surprised if their Hooters franchises are worth little to nothing and that this is more or less just a shell company with a stock listing that’ll put out press releases as part of a a pump n dump scheme.

7 Likes

But does it have big boobs?

5 Likes

Right! I was on business and got to hotel late and the Hooters adjacent was easiest place to eat. The food was… charmingly adequate!

2 Likes

Now if it was cloud based blockchain, I would be interested.

4 Likes

Correct.
8mil is the value of the outstanding shares of Chanticleer Holdings.
Here’s a link to their most current annual report. Operations is on page 24.

1 Like

This may make the most sense.

But it still makes no sense to me.

1 Like

We wanted to expand our existing loyalty program with something that really changes the way our customers can leverage their rewards

This is exactly the same bullshit one hears from an airline upon the devaluation frequent flyer miles by 50%.

2 Likes

That only sells hashes.

I’ll see myself out now.

8 Likes

That image…I feel like somebody said “C’mon ladies, let’s get objectified!”
at some point.

2 Likes

My takeaways:

• Hooters is no longer relevant
  • I need to start a public company whose mission statement later is changed to use block chain wording
  • I love fried pickles

Yeah, big long-term debts compared to their total revenue. I’m surprised there’s any equity value in the Company at all. (NB: I know fuck-all about the restaurant business, so I have no idea how bad those numbers are, but they aren’t good.)

1 Like

And this has been another episode of, Not Everything You Learned When You Were Ten is True!

2 Likes

Maybe we should just start saying “Web 3.0?”

:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

In 1996 or so, KTEL, formerly known as the omnipresent vinyl-hawkers from the 70s, announced they were selling via the “internet”. Their stock went from about 2 to about 55 in a week, see-sawed a while, and then plunged. The same will probably happen here. So what I’m saying is buy, but sell at 50.

3 Likes

LEGO should get in on this, least you can make physical blockchains with it.

1 Like

Many years ago when Hooters was a new thing ( am not that old, heard about it from a MUCH older friend) anyways- I wondered why no one opened up a restaurant right next door named “Buns” that served, yes you guessed it- hot dogs. They would just happened to be served by good-looking young men in uniforms that tended toward the short and tight. Then I thought, " no way! No one wants to see men scantily dressed while eating. "
Right.
Then I saw a video of a Chippendales show and felt like I had somehow missed a chance at what could have been a lucrative business opportunity. Naturally, we would have eventually also had a crypto currency. We would have called them WeinerCoins.

3 Likes