Hooters stock price jumps 50% when company says the word "blockchain"

There are a lot of idiots with too much money out there, and buzzwords draw them like flies to shit.

1 Like

I suspect that in the future, this will be used as an example of how crazy and unsupportable stock market valuations were before the recession. Kind of the “Pets.com puppet” for the new decade.

A titty chain explains block chain to our cock brains.

Hrm, “blockchain”

Now all I’ve got to do is wait for the VC vultures to come and fork over their blood money so I can skip town with it to South America.

Upcoming Gartner conference has a session titled “If Enterprise Blockchain is the Answer, What Exactly is the Question?”

3 Likes

I worked in a Schlotzsky’s, 30 years ago.

As of December, 31, 2016, our system-wide store count totaled 55 locations, consisting of 43 company-owned locations and 12 franchisee-operated locations.

$8M / 43 = $186046.52 per location. I’d imagine that the equipment (vent hoods, grills, slicers, cash registers, terlets etc.) and furniture cost more than that.

1 Like

Peckers?

I’m stealing that.

1 Like

“If Gartner is the answer, I don’t need to know the question”

:wink:

1 Like

4 Likes

I’m less bothered by the fact that their price jumped when they said “blockchain.”

I’m more bothered by the fact that their price didn’t plummet when they said “Mobivity Merit.”

I can conceive of saying the word “bitcoin” without audible scare quotes at some point in my life. It at least feels like a word someone made up to describe what a thing is. But no one will ever say “Mobivity Merit” without feeling a sense of shame.

3 Likes

I swear the words of Warren Buffett on these matters keep their veracity: never invest in what you don’t understand.

2 Likes

I seem to remember Books-a-Million announced an online store in 97 or early 98 an their stock price went up by some similarly absurd amount.

1 Like

Indeed. I think we’re all stuck in the wrong trouser leg of time…

1 Like

I mean… for rich people?

2 Likes

So what explains the rising valuations in bitcoin? Did they add boobs? Is this some kind of exchange program?

First came the parody:

Then someone decided to do it for real:

Hey ho.

1 Like

“More like Books-a-Thousand, amirite?”

(Me, disappointed after my 1st visit to one of their stores, ca. 2000)

2 Likes

Fast forward 50 years and the ocean creatures are choked with Blockchains and there are islands of it just floating around.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.