Horrid mug looks like wool sweater

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/30/horrid-mug-looks-like-wool-sweater.html

2 Likes

23 Likes

Does it keep the drinks warm?

4 Likes

I asked for “tasses en verre”, but instead I got “tasses en vair”

12 Likes

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh…brain straining/eyes closing trying to remember that artist’s name…was she Swiss?..starts with an M? Is her last name a city ? Giving myself 24 hours before googling.

1 Like

Teeth and nails on [uuuugheaah] soft things like fabric [giiiiugh] are my nails on a chalk board. It literally makes me shudder and cringe and raises goosebumps just thinking abou… [ichhh] …t it.

People need to learn better ways to take their mitts off.

1 Like

The BBS crashed under load from the debate article traffic so one of the mods consolidated them. (I’m not a mod, I just got some 500s last night, and I thought the UI had plenty of indicators that this happened.)

How long till these show up in the BBStore at the unbelievable price of 90% off?

4 Likes

Just showed them to my gf. She thinks they’re great.

1 Like

Not as horrid or useless as this

I was given something similar a few years ago, couldn’t drink from it without soaking the cosy, couldn’t remove the cosy when ready to drink (without losing some of the contents).
Straight to the charity shop.

3 Likes

these things are everywhere

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/471681760944452110/

I think they are great too! It’s a Boston thing.

It’s the perfect gift for anyone who loves the idea of snuggling up as a storm rolls in and chewing some … wait, what?

1 Like

Mostly? Her mother was. They had to move to Switzerland at the advent of WWI.

Oh very good–yes.

Jawohl. Im Rhineland.

Well done. You are so close.

1 Like

Ye gods, even just knitting in a small cutaway from the rim, where one would drink, would have been a good idea. Too twee for me.

I am not fond of drinking hot drinks from metal, even stainless steel, because I can taste the metal in every sip. Same problem with plastic. Not enjoyable. Ceramic, glass and porcelain are better. In winter, I sometimes have a glass-lined thermos flask full of hot tea, but my tea-drinking dad liked to use a small round electric heating pad.

1 Like

I used to have a cheap Chinese ceramic mug bought from a market in Hong Kong that had a lid, perfect for the job until I dropped it, basically though I drink tea when its ready to drink (and sometimes when bone cold).

1 Like

The Starbucks Sweater Mug has a smaller rim and the handle isn’t decorated. I prefer the horrid mug.

Horrider mug looks like ball of wool, with ‘amusing’ motto:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.