Horse enjoys playing synthesizer with his mouth

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/16/horse-enjoys-playing-piano-wit.html

“Sing us a soooonng, you’re the pianohorse”

9 Likes

Not sure he is really enjoying it. Probably only doing it for tips and drinks.

16 Likes

Horses love that vinyl taste. So he probably got attracted to that first and is trying to eat it and then loved the feeling of the keys against his lips.
I know this because I once had a Delta 88 break down in field and horses ate the Vinyl roof and had a go at eating half the drivers seat. (the window was rolled down)
Try it with the sound off to see if the horse is actually reacting to the keypress and sound.

11 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for music straight from the horse’s mouth! The management is proud to present Murphy The Horse, tickling the ivories with his pearly whites to bring you the Equine Counter-Fugue in B flat minor.

4 Likes

And really, who among us can say that she has not, at one time or another, enjoyed playing a synthesizer with her lips?

10 Likes

He’s better than most human 3 year olds, worse than keyboard cat.

4 Likes

Using your mouth to play a synth:

4 Likes

Any gigging musician will tell you these are not mutually exclusive.

11 Likes

Out of curiosity, is that a 1-bit synth?

5 Likes

Sing us a song, you’re the piano horse, sing us a song tonight…

3 Likes

Look Around You
Synthesizer Patel
, Who doesn’t love a good synthesizer?

Perhaps the horses are paranormal exterminators
“They Hate This”

From Ghostbusters (1984)
1 Like

Pfft, he’s no Beethorsen. Maybe on a par with Gustav Horst… maybe.

2 Likes

It’s easy to joke about this, but that horse actually appears to be legitimately free-form soloing and enjoying its own work.

2 Likes

Say…do you know Camptown Racetrack?

Definitely has Beethorsens influence - the Pastural Symphonies.

3 Likes

you saved my whole night.

1 Like

Either way, a very stable genius.

9 Likes

So, does the horse own the copyright to this original composition?

Later, video removed from YouTube after horse’s lawyers give YouTube a DMCA takedown notice.

2 Likes

It’s a shame the horse only uses its lips, otherwise we might see the ivories being tinkled by the ivories.

I don’t suppose he could learn to play the tune for The Galloping Major (but if not, maybe he could just do the intro).

Franz Lisp

1 Like

Okay as a horse owner and synth guy I got the lulz from this but NO WAY IN HELL is New Order’s Blue Monday (he has blue eyes), getting ANYWHERE NEAR my ESQ-1, Juno or BassStationII. That grass slobber, I mean really!

2 Likes