Hungry Like The Wolf on a Solton Ketron Programmer 24

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/14/hungry-like-the-wolf-on-a-solt.html

2 Likes

The voice synthesizer is really good!

1 Like

I’m sure you are taking the piss but that’s an a capella track running into the sampler I think. Just in case anyone thinks they had the sample memory at the time for the whole track.

Also : mad skills on display there. I am around as jealous as I was with the lutanist.

2 Likes

I’m certain the vocals are either added in post or just passed through the gadget. The isolated tracks for the song are on YouTube

1 Like

I don’t think they’re run into it at all. I hear off-camera mouse clicks at 3:06 like a file’s being played from an external computer.

2 Likes

Yeah, you’re right. If it was a modern machine they probably would be run through it (for processing) but it’s not. Is it really what they used to call a ROMpler? Well a workstation based on preloaded samples anyway. I had never heard of it before. Could the click be used by the performer for syncing to?

One does not simply waltz into Moroder.

2 Likes

Correct. 4/4 all the say. No waltzing needed

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.