Recreating legendary albums with nothing but a voice

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/06/recreating-legendary-albums-with-nothing-but-a-voice.html

1 Like

His Clint Eastwood is scary. I didn’t know a human mouth could make those noises.

That’s the one I listened to. There are a couple of parts that sound like synth, so they must be his voice but then digitally distorted. I don’t see how else you would do it.

It sounds like a fun project.

19/2000 is fun too. Sounds like Beaker from the Muppets in the beginning.

ETA I would be remiss if I didn’t take a minute to introduce the Soulchild remix of 19/2000

2 Likes

With sufficient processing, I’m pretty sure there’s no noise that couldn’t be recreated with a human voice. Okay, granted, at some point it’s entirely the computer actually generating the sound, but…

Exactly. This track of a horrendous “guitar” solo is just my voice (but through a filter on the Zoom MRS-1608) - turn volume way down if you click play on this atrociousness (as Zappa would say, “Hey, nice volcano!”).

1 Like
1 Like

I think you mean his “The Actor and Director Born on May 31, 1930 in San Francisco as Clinton Eastwood Jr.” is scary. :wink:

Nothing new under the sun. Todd Rundgren was doing this back in 1985.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.