Hot Wheels retro Mystery Machine

This one was a long time favorite:

4 Likes

and in case you wanted something legal to drive to the grocery store:

8 Likes

Nice, I certainly wish I’d taken better care of my DB5…

Though for reasons unknown, I preferred the preposterous Lotus from Spy Who Loved Me, played with it for hours

5 Likes

Of course Corgi > Hot Wheels, being much bigger and expensiver and detailed. The Batmobile had a retractable knife blade. A switchblade on a children’s toy.

I remember Michael E____'s birthday party when he accused me of being a Nazi and sliced open my scalp with the Batmobile that I had just given him and I bled copiously all over my new white Izod shirt. /digression

What I really wanted were Dinky cars. Somehow I had come into possession of a catalogue, which I spent countless hours poring over. All kinds of functional moving parts and references to mysterious British television shows.

To this day I don’t know who the hell Ed Straker or Joe 90 or Lady Penelope were. But I still want their cars.

7 Likes

I meant to put this in the TV themes thread. Filmed in VIDECOLOR and SUPERMARIONATION.

Reminds me that an old friend had a Thunderbird 2 [including, as per the illustration, Thunderbird 4] as a child, but I didn’t. It still hurts. And he never fails to remind me of this when we meet. /anotherdigression

10/10, would DD.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.