Hotels in Venice, Italy now arming guests with water guns for seagull protection

Originally published at: Hotels in Venice, Italy now arming guests with water guns for seagull protection | Boing Boing

1 Like

They need to get NATO involved to establish a no-fly zone.

2 Likes

Water is of course an alien element to seagulls.

9 Likes

and of course falconry

Now yer talking.

7 Likes

Did they out-compete Venice’s famously bold pigeons?

4 Likes

They should take a page out of Australia’s handbook…

6 Likes

Classic Movies GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

3 Likes
3 Likes

5 Likes

At first I thought you meant that they should import rabbits or cane toads. I like the dog idea better.

2 Likes

In Cornwall you’d need to arm people with anti-aircraft missiles to stand a chance against the pasty-thieving monsters.

1 Like

New Jersey shore towns are on board with that…

3 Likes

Well, as a terrestrial being, you’re probably pretty familiar with dirt, but would probably be a bit miffed if someone flung some at you.

Also, grew up near the ocean, and seagulls are dicks. Also totally aggressive as far as food goes. Also (and don’t ask me how I know this)… they can bite surprisingly hard if you grab one that’s stealing your lunch.

they need to get kite or even a hawk
or even just an umbrella

Result: A miffed aggressive dick stealing your lunch.

Correction: A miffed aggressive dick biting the hell out of you while other less miffed opportunistic dicks complete the theft the rest of your lunch…

Every time I see tourists feeding the gulls I think to myself “you’re going to regret that”, then I sit back and wait for the fun to commence. Usually things are stolen or people’s kids get shit on.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.