House comes with vast, cursed warehouse

Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro couldn’t make a scarier game than this.

3 Likes

I’m sure the city has top men looking into things as we speak. Top … men.

13 Likes

This right here is why I don’t buy from 3rd party sellers on Amazon.

10 Likes

I’ll buy it if it keeps all the stuff. Because man, I need a couple of days just to go through the place and sweep it clean of all the goodies I want.

2 Likes

From the Redfin listing: “The pictures do not tell the whole story.”
We’d need an 8 part mini series to tell the whole story.

18 Likes

After meandering through the home, I think it’s pretty obvious that this building used to be a church that was (poorly) converted into a warehouse and mail order business. The bathrooms with multiple toilets, a very large kitchen with a sliding divider, and the bath that is a poorly disguised baptismal font kind of give it all away.

Most likely the pastor and his family lived in the ‘home-like’ area at the front, with the back building being the main church proper, along with the large parking lot in back for parking on Sundays.

Probably the guy who bought it got it for really cheap when the church went bankrupt (happens a lot), but did a haphazard and half-assed job trying to convert it for his crappy online order business. Also probably a combination of hoarder, complete inability to clean and throw away things, and toxoplasma infection to boot. The place is almost certainly full of rats and other vermin.

Personally I’d want a full gas mask with filters before I walked in the place, I’d be afraid of a hantavirus infection.

12 Likes

oh hey i found where they stored the Girls Gone Wild DVDs

7 Likes

You’re not far off, but at least one of the “mail-order business operations” was actually fencing.

From the CD/DVD making equipment I figured that a lot of that part of the business was producing and selling bootleg CDs and DVDs, but how do figure fencing came into that? The random electronics like the ODB scanners, stud finder, power tools, etc., you think they are all shoplifted goods that are being resold online or something?

2 Likes

Imagine trying to get out in a fire. From anywhere.

Forget renting a skip, you’d have to rent several semis to haul away the trash from this place.

3 Likes

That room with the CD equipment also contained a bunch of CD polishers. If you’re getting crateloads of back-of-the-truck discs, they’ll be in various states of usability, so you’d sort them into a big pile, do a big polishing/resurfacing run, and see what you can salvage. Plus, you have a whole warehouse full of discs to make bootlegs from.

2 Likes

yes

5 Likes

Well, a quick look on google maps located a Lowes, Home Depot, Target, and three Wal-Mart stores not too far away, so there are plenty of places to shoplift high-value items nearby.

1 Like

Needs the Doom monster sounds.

6 Likes

The big bust happened in 2014, but I’d wager that either subsequent owners picked up where they left off or it was just bank-owned the whole time. The crazy part to me is that it was sold a year and a half before the fencing bust for $232,000, then again a month before the fencing bust for $20,000 (Not sure how reliable that value is, it is from Zillow), then sat for 6 years and is now for sale for 100K more than it was sold for in 2013, and I’d wager that there were no improvements.

3 Likes

Looking through the building (I can’t in good conscience call it a ‘home’), I have to agree.

2 Likes

Here? https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=BGMifUnvLxQ&play=1&qs=1&tiles=1&vr=0&title=0&help=2&tourcta=2&hlr=2&sr=-.53,.21&ss=57

GAME ON!!!

I challenge you to find the deuling University of Kentucky and Cardinals tote bags!

2 Likes

The colonnade alone is enough to inflict psychic damage

1 Like

" The pictures do not tell the full story. "

2 Likes

Are they sure that it’s really up for sale?

OGLAF 2 pages. (NSFW if you step off those two pages.)

8 Likes