House from "A Christmas Story" movie is now for sale

Originally published at: House from "A Christmas Story" movie is now for sale | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Do they specify the condition of the #$@! hot water heater furnace in the basement?

1 Like

Thanks. Fixed!

You too can own a house in Cleveland!

Its not run down. Its just made to look run down.

ETA: speling

3 Likes

We’ve been there, it’s a great time even if you’re not a fan of the movie. Lots of nostalgia. You can buy Lifebouy Soap and Ovaltine in the gift shop along with all kinds of other memorabilia.

I have a picture of me in the living room fondling the leg lamp. I know, I know but how could I not?

We do a lot of 5/10k runs (not the last couple years though), they have a run that starts in Downtown Cleveland and ends at the house in December. It’s been on my list of things to do but the timing is never right.

2 Likes

My very first thought.

1 Like

Cleveland is a great place to be in the summertime. Nice public beaches, absolutely gorgeous sunsets, and temperatures that rarely push above 90 degrees. The winter can be a bummer though with constant cloud cover from November through March but if you buy this house you’ll have the warm glow of a leg lamp to keep you cheerful.

1 Like

Well, not anymore. But you can always pay your respects at the gravesite next to the garage.

1 Like

(Obligatory)

giphy|nullxnull

1 Like

usually the media only call something a “compound” if a federal agency is about to raid it

1 Like

It is probably the best time to sell. They get all the benefits of the media about the new movie, without any potential blowback if the new one doesn’t meet people’s desires.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.