House GOP abandons plans to kill independent ethics office in favor of 1% tax cuts and taking away healthcare

He has a powerful weapon.
He charges a million a shot.

He’s the man with the golden… tweet.

5 Likes

How will we be able to tell the difference?

16 Likes

It will start making logical sense, and it will be grammatically correct?

24 Likes
23 Likes

I just figured out how they’re going to get rid of Obamacare…they’re not. They’ll repeal the ACA and immediately propose identical legislation with some other acronym as the title.

The health insurance industry paid a very pretty penny to get the ACA into law, they’re not going to let their investment get dismantled so easily.

12 Likes

How do we know it’s actually Trump typing this bullshit now? I mean is there any ‘eyes on’ verification? For we know it’s Melania or one their servant’s pet chihuahuas.

Governing by Twitter is bullshit.

8 Likes

Once again, a rich white dude takes the credit for what hard working americans did. Trump had little to do with putting a hold on this. Anyway, there are plenty of other holidays for them to bring this back.

18 Likes

It’s weird that everyone seems to be reporting that Trump was against the move, given that Trump’s tweet actually supported the action, only questioning the timing and priority of it.

It’s undoubtably nonsense, but he really doesn’t seem that committed to it.

The office only exists in response to the corruption that erupted the last time the Republicans had full control. It’s clear what they have in mind this time.

I’ve thought this - his twitter will get hacked, but how will anyone know? And could it do any more harm than he already does with it? Every time I see a tweet of his quoted, I double check it’s not from a parody account. When it’s crazy and incoherent, it’s what I expect, but it’s indistinguishable from parody. When it’s coherent and sane, I check if it’s parody as well, just because that’s the only way to comedically upend expectations when it comes to Trump. Those just end up being tweets from his staff, though.

Evidence suggests that at least some of it isn’t - the difference in phones, for example, coincides with differences in tone, temperament and coherence. I.e. if it sounds remotely sane, it’s not actually him.

13 Likes

So the next tweet from his account that brings down the stock of company X could be anybody who has paid a fee to manipulate the stock market? or worse?

Just keeps getting better…

4 Likes

Well, from someone who lobbied his staff to manipulate the stock market. It’ll be interesting to see how blatant it’ll be.

So the Boeing and Northrop examples were test cases to see how easy it would be to do so?

More test cases:

7 Likes

Your picture looked wrong…tried to fix it…

16 Likes

That’s easy. The tweets will be well written, articulate, show a grasp of the ideas and concepts of the times and be respectful to everyone.

For the next 4 years.

6 Likes

House GOP abandons plans to kill independent ethics office in favor of 1% tax cuts and taking away healthcare

They are cutting my taxes 1%? I’d barely notice that.

3 Likes

That’s still depressing as fuck. It means we are going to have to be constantly ready at a moment’s notice to mobilize against bad legislation. Especially bad legislation passed behind closed doors passed by voice votes so there isn’t even a record of who to hold responsible for their actions.

That’s just simply not sustainable. We are going to get outrage fatigue pretty quick and then its going to be open season.

11 Likes

“It’s a question of priorities”

3 Likes

That would be a “fun” game to play.

Guess Don’s Tweet.

4 Likes

So Trump Bitch Tweeted them and they rolled over like old dogs.

I’m glad that’s resolved. Now that we know that the House will be run ethically, they can get on with the important business of selling off our publicly-owned assets, mortally wounding Social Security and Medicaid and Medicare, scrapping ObamaCare, cutting taxes, funding defense systems, turning the courts over the Federalist Society, crippling our regulatory agencies, and implementing deep changes to the infrastructure of what’s left our our democracy to make it all that much harder to change in the future. Whew.

10 Likes

How hard could that be? Unless staffers have changed it on him, it’ll be something he can remember like “721-5th”.

1 Like