How a poorly explained mistake continues to threaten the political career of Hillary Clinton

Here we go again…

1 Like

At partisan political request, to serve partisan political ends.

I’m sure they’ll find something new this time!!!

6 Likes

10 days…

9 Likes

Then those same forces will try to shut down the government.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Obama on cybersecurity:

Traditionally, when we think about security and protecting ourselves, we think in terms of armor or walls. Increasingly, I find myself looking to medicine and thinking about viruses, antibodies. Part of the reason why cybersecurity continues to be so hard is because the threat is not a bunch of tanks rolling at you but a whole bunch of systems that may be vulnerable to a worm getting in there. It means that we’ve got to think differently about our security, make different investments that may not be as sexy but may actually end up being as important as anything.

Clinton on wiping the server:

I don’t — I have no idea, that’s why we turned it over What, like with a cloth or something? … I don’t know how it works digitally at all.

Trump on cybersecurity:

I have a son. He’s 10 years old. He has computers. He is so good with these computers, it’s unbelievable. The security aspect of cyber is very, very tough. And maybe it’s hardly doable. But I will say, we are not doing the job we should be doing. But that’s true throughout our whole governmental society. We have so many things that we have to do better, Lester, and certainly cyber is one of them.

Good luck America.

6 Likes

I wasn’t referring to the commenters here. The FOI angle hasn’t appeared to feature much in the discourse generally AFAICT.

You might have noticed I haven’t been around a whole lot lately; I don’t have the time to read a hundred posts before commenting these days.

3 Likes

Still bogus.

Investigate all of the oldies but derp since the internet was borne, please. This e-mail “scandal” is getting duplicitous…

4 Likes

Live long enough and youll see everything. In this case, encomiums for the tireless and selfless administration of Muammar Quaddafi, a narcissistic, ruthless dictator with a cult of personality. He was no Nelson Mandela. (I’m sure he was great with pets and children, like other notable dictators, but that isn’t any reason to give him high marks.)

1 Like

Nice canard. It’s about some of the things he did, not everything he did.

4 Likes

Indeed. Many postcolonial leaders in many African countries were mixed bags. Just look at someone like Nasser for example. Or see how a visionary like Kwame Nkrumah has a mixed record, in part because of serious outside pressures from the Cold War.

But sometimes, nuance on these issues isn’t appreciated, I’m afraid.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.