How a woman from Wuhan took care of her infected mother without becoming infected herself

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/15/how-a-woman-from-wuhan-took-ca.html

15 Likes

WOW!

Thorough, resourceful, courageous and unrelenting!

I’m touched…

16 Likes

Not on the face, I hope.

12 Likes

BWAHAHAAA!!! :rofl:

3 Likes

Eh, too much effort.

/s

Must … not … touch …

11 Likes

I hope her mother is ok. She raised a good person.

8 Likes

That article has errors and falsehoods, however it does describe how to improvise good PPE.
CAT Scan is not an actual test for presence of COVID-19.
The daughter is probably one of the many non-symptomatic carriers of the coronavirus.

7 Likes

Good call on the non-symptomatic carrier guess. Was also thinking that she’s doing great and being careful. But it still shouldn’t be spread around as a how-to guide.

Stick to official advice and if you feel sick stay inside and don’t go to the doctor unannounced. Call ahead and ask for advice.

7 Likes

She’d test positive if she was a carrier, yes?

3 Likes

Hey garethb2, this post is facebook-quality.

Yes. “Carrier” just means “infected person with no current symptoms”. Every symptomatically-sick person is also a “carrier” obviously. But the “carriers” are also “sick” technically - the test just says there is virus in your mucous.

1 Like

2 Likes

Yes. But unless there was a typo or mistranslation in the post she wasn’t tested for presence of virus. She got a CT scan.

1 Like

I think in the early days of this thing, a CT scan was the test.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.