Wuhan woman boasts about beating coronavirus check so she could fly to Paris for Michelin-star meal

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/24/wuhan-woman-boasts-about-beati.html

2 Likes

Jesus, if you’re looking for the definition of a crime against the whole of society, there you go.

50 Likes

Welcome to the new pandemic.

27 Likes

What a complete sociopath. Wow. I can’t even with this today.

38 Likes

Um. They believed her?!

21 Likes

I 'm curious how or if this affects her social scoring.

13 Likes

Fucking Nouveau riche entitlement.

22 Likes

Or the restaurant’s Michelin Star rating.

I think that I’d avoid that particular one for a while. Just say’n.

15 Likes

“I stopped eating [fever-reducing] medicine, promise!”

3 Likes

The embassy later confirmed that her symptoms were under control.

Yes, and given how forthcoming the Chinese government was with SARS and MERS, we can take that to the bank.

14 Likes

Serial killer by proxy, awesome.

9 Likes

I’m not usually a proponent of vivisection, but…

5 Likes

Think of it as karma for the French in response to exporting their endemic measles to other countries.

1 Like

Is it causing anyone in China to get sick?

1 Like

affluenza meets influenza for a killer mashup

24 Likes

A somewhat less exciting beginning to this zombie apocalypse movie, but I already bought the tickets and snuck in whiskey… might as well stay and see how it ends (badly… it ends badly).

5 Likes

Also too, nobody gives a fuck whether her symptoms are under control. The relevant question is whether she was infected or not.

9 Likes

Typhoid Mary, meet Wuhan Wendy

29 Likes

As I had posted elsewhere, our only defense is epidemiologists. This is like their nightmare. Has @Lexicat weighed in on this yet?

11 Likes

it is causing mild stir at the embassy by the sounds of it she’s posting on social media like I said I’m just curious . to be honest I’m just as worried about the spread of social rating schemes as I am about viruses, and that is not ment to downplay either of them .

2 Likes