"How can the moon reflect light if it is a rock?" excellent self-own

14 Likes

Its all an effort to prevent the discovery of the moon rock spiders and the secret 4th Reich base

10 Likes

There was an attempt to anonymize the source…

2 Likes

45 Likes

Clearly it wasn’t a rock…
It was a lunar Rock LOBSTER!

35 Likes

45 years of neoliberal assault on funding public education across the lifetime, under the bullshit rubric that education is merely a service provided to an individual as job training, as opposed to public investment into the public good of an educated populace.

32 Likes

Cheese reflects light, therefore the Moon is made of cheese. QED.

35 Likes

7 Likes

Ignorance is a hell of a drug. It makes everything easy. Science and knowledgy stuff is hard and requires study and work and often does not conform to your preconceptions. Ignorance is much more accommodating. You just believe what you are told and never ever question anything. See? Easy peasy. Off and running. And you avoid that well know liberal bias inherent in anything fact based.

17 Likes

I consider it proof (or, at least, strong evidence) that the earth is round that, when you have a phone call or chat with somebody at a different longitude, it’s a different time of day. For us East Coasters, it’s famously three hours earlier in California. When I communicate with coworkers in the U.K., it’s five hours later. How do flat-earthers explain that?

On second thought, I’m done with hearing those guys (and, come on, it’s always guys) explain stuff. Call me narrow-minded.

6 Likes

I think it’s more than that. A lot of these flat-Earthers have dedicated their lives to this nonsense, sacrificing fortunes and careers and reputations and families. Surely it would be “easier” to just accept the explanation most school children already know even if they don’t fully understand it?

2 Likes

Jordan Peterson, is that you?

4 Likes

­­­­

3 Likes

You were a part of the Illuminati all along!

4 Likes

Some say maybe it’s evolution, others say maybe it’s God’s plan, and still others say maybe it’s Maybelline.

8 Likes

The Moon does NOT reflect light… when you live on the peak of Mount Stupid.

2 Likes

Indeed, all they have to do is relinquish a tiny, tiny piece of their overweening egos and narcissism.

4 Likes

For us East Coasters, it’s famously three hours earlier in California.

Obviously there is a magic field somewhere between New York and California. Light flows more slowly through magic. Therefore if the light is arriving 3 hours later in California, we can calculate the strength of the thaumaturgic field over the Midwest.

Duh.

14 Likes

I honestly think there maybe just 2 or 3 actual flat earthers in the FES
and the rest are just trolls.

4 Likes

Most conspiracy theories have a reason for the conspiracy. But the flat-earthers have me baffled. What do people gain to hide the flat-earth “truth?” What’s the glue holding this billion person conspiracy together?

7 Likes