How do you like this animatronic blinking eyeball in a fleshy cube?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/21/how-do-you-like-this-animatron.html

3 Likes

24 Likes

To be fair, this article was accurately tagged

https://boingboing.net/tag/nightmare-fuel

8 Likes

This is the type of thing that makes me doubly glad I’ve blocked all Facebook & Facebook-adjacent domains.

4 Likes

Me petting the flesh cube with blinking eye sitting next to the Necronomicon: Animatronic?

4 Likes

Make it stop,Mommy! Make it stop!

4 Likes

If you’re asking me, not much at all. David Cronenberg would probably have a different answer.

4 Likes

Is it blinking in Morse code? What’s it trying to say?

k - i - l - l - m -

Oh.

6 Likes

11 Likes

I don’t own this model … oh wait its not a … … never mind.

4 Likes

It bothers me that the sides of the cube aren’t straighter. And don’t even get me started on how poorly weighted that thing looks. If it came up eyeball once, it’ll probably come up eyeball nine times out of ten.

4 Likes

Pink skins!

8 Likes

Just once I wanted there to be a scene where he said that to Ensign Mayweather.

“Set a course for Andoria, pink-skin!”
“The fuck did you just call me?”

6 Likes

Oh. So it’s a d’eye! I’ll show myself out.

6 Likes

Want to see if your boss really, really thinks you deserve that raise he promised you? Then grab your eyeball cube, see him in his office, don’t say anything, close the door, hold the cube up to him, and stroke the cube for 2 minutes… minimum, then walk out.

2 Likes

I don’t like this animatronic blinking eyeball in a fleshy cube.

I freaking love it and I want hundreds of them and I want to release them into the wild, like dump them in the streets. Well, maybe once people are back outside and stuff.

7 Likes

I have no mouth, but I must scream?

3 Likes

The anti-tribble.

6 Likes

Yep, that’s what I was thinking of.

When I was in college , a friend gave me the story collection I Have No Mouth And I must Scream and warned me not to read it in one sitting. I should have listened to him.

3 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text (7)

3 Likes