How Ford created the minivan for Chrysler

I still drive a minivan although it is the fantastically overengineered supercharged all-wheel-drive Toyota Previa. A mid engined wonder with a perfect 50/50 weoght balance and a cargo bay that is much larger than my Tacoma trucks bed.

7 Likes

Newly recovered audio of Henry Ford II’s comments to Lee Iaccoca:

… ’Twould be exaltin’ meself and puffin’ meself up if I was to go preachin’ all over the country in one o’ they Ford vans. ’Twould be thinkin’ o’ my own glory instead o’ the glory o’ the Lord.

I dunno - the minivan has way more alpha energy than the SUV, as far as I’m concerned. If you’re driving an SUV, you’re lying to yourself - if you’re driving a minivan, you’ve accepted your situation and are making the best of it.

Unless it’s sex toys, but I think that’s an acceptable departure.

Pop Tv Reaction GIF by Schitt's Creek

4 Likes

They are manufactured objects; mere tools for conveyance; not living beings.

We humans are so weird, with our need to project all our ‘isms’ onto everything around us, sentient or not…

4 Likes

Worst kind of adolescent dude thought.

Small dick energy.

4 Likes

Word.

It takes a special kind of mentality to make the unrelated association where minivans and SUVs somehow correlate with adult toys.

4 Likes

Are you saying that minivan drivers, presumably parents, are resigned to a second-rate life? Many would disagree. That doesn’t seem to jibe with your “alpha energy” statement.

Disclosure: I have owned two minivans in my life. They were the ideal choice when my kids were younger.

4 Likes

Well, see, the men are forced into marriage by nagging women who want nothing more than to have babbies and make the lives of men miserable… you know how wmmins be… /s

5 Likes

Yeah, meanwhile research shows that hetero men live longer, healthier, happier lives when in a committed relationship with a woman than alone.

Women? No difference, which is interesting because economic outcomes are significantly worse for single women. And yet, the economics aren’t enough to sink a woman’s health and happiness when not coupled. Men just don’t provide the same support and protection as women do in a relationship.

But sure, it’s women tricking men into relationships and fatherhood.

6 Likes

It’s all about averages, and I would hazard a guess that the men who do provide support (emotional and physical) are canceled out by the men who mentally/physically abuse their partners and/or straight-up murder them.

1 Like

Awkward Episode 1 GIF by The Office

3 Likes

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.