How I lifehacked my way into a corner

I think it may be a bit worse than that. Cory has 20 feet of books to read. He can’t afford to re-read old books. That sounds like someone saying they have a lot of work to do, and they just haven’t the time to calibrate their instrument.

Also, my favourite quote: “Rules are made for the guidance of wise men, and the obedience of fools.” (Douglas Bader).

But Cory’s a clever guy, and he’s aware of the problem, so doubtless he’ll come up with something. My personal suggestion would be for Cory to grant himself one token per week, redeemable that week only so you can’t stockpile them, for one subversive, non-lifehack-optimal activity.

4 Likes

Every generation thinks they invented sex

Even easier to use your fingers for salad!

2 Likes

Cory loves mentioning his personal connections with the people he’s writing about, but this is the first time I’ve seen him do it with an abstract concept.

2 Likes

I don’t even want to imagine popcorn in movie theaters. Last time I went there I gave them up for good. Constantly flashing screen and the horrible munching sounds like cattle feeding.

We call them “tongs”.

I carry a set of cutlery and titanium chopsticks, so probably yes. Still means that I can eat halfway decently even on the go instead of bothering with mostly useless plastic or flimsy wood forks and spoons and keep my fingers clean.

1 Like

Man, I spent an hour trying to land the joke before I realized it wasn’t a game.

2 Likes

did ‘life hacking’ replace that word …hobbies

3 Likes

You made me think of this guy. John Dos Passos’ fictionalized version portrayed him as dying with his thumb on a stopwatch.

That said, I still miss this:

3 Likes

It’s cool. In your 50’s, choice starts coming back…

Let’s see… Meds or food?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.