TastyFloats levitates food morsels to your mouth

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/06/tastyfloats-levitates-food-mor.html

3 Likes

gravy airship

3 Likes

Wonder if it would be an approved method for communion wafers.

2 Likes

This has potential clinical applications. Many many mannnnny people have swallowing difficulty for hundreds of reasons. Anything that could potentially aid people’s self-care is a welcome advancement. I know this because my wife is a speech pathologist, specializing in brain injury and swallowing. I hear about this stuff ALL the time and it’s fascinating to a nerd like me.

3 Likes

The fuck am i reading?

3 Likes

This is 100% a goofy engineering design project and I salute its necessary pretense of practicality.

2 Likes

This makes me want to put on a sport coat with a tech-tee and jeans and thoughtfully mull to the board room, “Yes, but does it scale”.

2 Likes

Can’t be worse than Juicero

2 Likes

Aww hell. I guess I’m going home to throw away all my forks then. Or can I still use them to get toast out of the toaster?

2 Likes

Even the toast, and toaster, will levitate. No forks allowed

1 Like

I’ll have what she’s having.

Gene Simmons is still finding work!?

1 Like

The tech seems promising, but I am allergic to morsels.

Obligatory Red Dwarf antimatter chopsticks gif

2 Likes

I have a friend, married to man who has use of head and neck plus one hand. Mostly. This would be wonderful for him.

1 Like

On the topic of bite-sized delivery, the kids and I just got back from an 800km drive to/from a hockey tournament. On the way out of town, we bought a bag of small candies each. The rule was, you could only eat one if you passed over or under a bridge. I can now report with confidence that on the trip from Vancouver to Kelowna in the Okanagan Valley, there are less bridges than M&Ms in a 120g bag.

1 Like

I am going to remember that one for when my kiddo is a little older.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.