How RentAHitman.com went from a legitimate business venture to a weird honeypot

Originally published at: How RentAHitman.com went from a legitimate business venture to a weird honeypot | Boing Boing

4 Likes

While you surf this site How RentAHitman.com, maybe hit this one up as a plan B, RentALawyer.com.

4 Likes

That site is totally whack.

7 Likes
3 Likes

If you have to go online to look for a professional assassin, you should not be going online looking for a professional assassin…

3 Likes

I made a meme.

17 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if turns out vengeful individuals are making some of the requests for “hits” knowing full well it’s not a real hitman site, but doing so anyway, working under the assumption law enforcement would be obligated to inform the target of the inquiry.kind of dark sorry, but I do wonder. flag or ask me to remove it if you feel this shouldn’t be posted as it might give someone ideas.

2 Likes

So this is what sent Ben Solo on his path to the Dark Side!

3 Likes

? did I miss the part about it being a legitimate business venture?

2 Likes

It was going to be a network security company’s web site, but the owner of it never really went through with it and it panned out. I can see pen testing teams (or red team testing, or physical security testing, etc.) as ‘hits’ though, so I could imagine that at some level of humor of hiring a ‘hitman’ for infosec testing…

4 Likes

Maybe he was thinking of being a DJ who played all the latest hits?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.