An Air National Guardsman thought a parody website for hitmen was real and tried to get work. Turns out he was messaging the FBI.

Originally published at: An Air National Guardsman thought a parody website for hitmen was real and tried to get work. Turns out he was messaging the FBI. | Boing Boing

6 Likes

John Hick

20 Likes

The resume also indicated that Garcia was nicknamed “Reaper”

Girl Sure Jan GIF - Girl Sure Jan Sarcastic - Discover ...

15 Likes

not a great week for the Air National Guard

34 Likes

I dunno what depresses me more, the fact that someone would willingly take a life for money, or for that amount?

27 Likes

… the “Carolina reaper” chili, because he’s a massive pain in the arse.

24 Likes

May cause indigestion, heartburn, acid reflux. Please wash hands after handling, avoid touching eyes or face.

12 Likes

It’s definitely that the National Guard recruits people dumb enough to think that’s a real website.

“In order for us to maintain 100% compliance with HIPPA (Hitman Information Privacy & Protection Act of 1964), we must use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.”

:rofl:

27 Likes

After going to prison for believing “rentahitman.com” was legit, I fear what his loss will do for the well-being of all the Hot Local Singles who relied on him to satiate their lust.

16 Likes

Probably a nickname he gave himself.

6 Likes

I don’t think the National Guard has been sending us their best people lately.

Definitely not a well-regulated militia …

13 Likes

We knew that since Dubya.

19 Likes

That website has been helpful to the FBI several times with similar situations.
I know it’s commonplace to consider criminals stupid, and this guy qualifies, but that’s just the ones that get caught. The percentages of solved crimes is pretty low, after all. How many hit men have the sense to ignore a site like this?

5 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. Stealing classified docs and dumping them on a discord server to impress your teenage friends, now this. Air National Guard might want to double check who they’re recruiting. Clearly not the best of the best of the best.

9 Likes

Thankfully he decided on his own not to go into law enforcement, because they undoubtedly would have eagerly accepted him. From another article:

8 Likes

Garcia was then arrested by FBI agents, who in a subsequent search of his home, recovered an AR style rifle.

In this country though thats a bit like saying “a subsequent search of his home turned up a kitchen sink and a toilet”

20 Likes

He was definitely not on
THE DARK WEB

9 Likes

I am prepared to believe that there are probably a number of homes in this country that don’t have a kitchen sink and a toilet, but do contain an AR-15-style rifle.

20 Likes

… and I suddenly think of some of my relatives whom I haven’t regarded as family in several decades. If you accept “no longer working” as functionally equivalent to “don’t have” when applied to plumbing, the likelihood approaches 100 percent.

7 Likes

Clearly this is what happens when recruitment quantity over recruitment quality is emphasized.

Seriously, is the word “No” not in the vocabulary of an armed services recruiter?

2 Likes