Woman arrested after using RentAHitman.com to hire a hitman

Originally published at: Woman arrested after using RentAHitman.com to hire a hitman | Boing Boing

7 Likes

A fine example of uncritical thinking. I wonder who she voted for in the last election.

13 Likes

Whoever RentALawyer sends out to handle this one will have their hands full

26 Likes

Now she’s on rent-o-prison cell, hope it all works out for her.

10 Likes

I just appreciate that it’s a rental service - I don’t want to purchase a hitman full price if I’m only going to need him once or twice

27 Likes

It’s nice break from 50 years of misguided government incentives trying to encourage everyone to buy their own hitman, whether or not it made financial sense to do so, leaving many people underwater on their hitman payments.

18 Likes

Is that a spin-off company of Airbnb??

9 Likes

Yep, you check, but you don’t check out.

8 Likes

She previously tried another site, but had no luck there either.

images

9 Likes

$5K worth of cocktails? I’m in!

4 Likes

That’s starting to sound like a spin-off of Hotel California. You can check out, but you can never leave.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s a clever line in a song, this however is reality.

4 Likes

Still, the Eagles will sue them for copyright infringement. :laughing:

Edited after @mister44’s deeply insightful correction on my typo. D’oh! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

It is NEVER a hit man. It’s always cops. Always. Unless you’re already mixed up with people who do sketchy shit for money, it is always cops.

11 Likes

Hmm… I’m curious to know the reason why she wanted her ex dead in the first place. Maybe he is a real piece of work?

So this woman was ready with the money, but at what point does planning or thinking about a crime become conspiracy? Serious question, I’m curious about how much online conversation about, say storming the capitol, could be used in court.

All of it. Because the insurrection happened.

It’s not a fantasy football league.

10 Likes

So… apparently this has been going on for a while? Like, hundreds of inquiries have been received through the website over the years?

9 Likes

Well they did write it and then produce many copies, so I can see how you’d think that. But it’s actually called copyright.

(Apologies, Pedant Pendant in operation.) :wink:

3 Likes

Agreed, but the people looking for such a service don’t need to know that.

3 Likes