Woman arrested after using RentAHitman.com to hire a hitman

What a fool. She should have used Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. All she needed to do was just ring 362-4360

9 Likes

Basically if you are not a member of an organized criminal venture, it is impossible to effectively hire a hitman. Because without such a background, there is no assertion that either party to the “contract” will carry it out. The person hiring (referred hereafter as “The John”) doesn’t have the means to ensure the job will be done (which is generally under the threat of killing the hitman if they don’t the job).

The hitman is either: 1) an undercover cop, 2) a prankster; 3) suspects the John is a cop or 4) will just turn John over to the cops themselves.

It should be noted that professional hitmen are the exception for organized criminals. Most will use people who are expendable and eager. Things tend to end badly for them either way (See Albert Anastasia, Roy DeMeo)

9 Likes

I hope her first movie night in prison is a showing of “Throw Mama from the Train.”
:joy:

2 Likes

Aka the humorous version of Strangers on a Train.

2 Likes

And even when it is a real hitman, it’s probably a moonlighting bad apple…

2 Likes

I can just picture a Karen in that discussion with the undercover officer: “wait, you’re a cop??? I want to speak to your manager immediately. I have first amendment rights, you know, I’m allowed to say whatever I want.”

3 Likes

I think that the moment that a conversation with at least one other person could reasonably be called a “plan,” then criminal conspiracy has occurred. So it’s probably largely up to the prosecutors and jury to decide when that line has been crossed, but I’m just guessing that a couple guys sitting around saying something like “it would be awesome to rob Fort Knox sometime” is borderline but “let’s meet up this Thursday night to do a job on Fort Knox, I’ll bring the guns and you drive the getaway car” has definitely crossed the line.

But it’s always easier to convict when something tangible in furtherance of the plan has occurred, such as the transfer of money that happened in this case.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.