How skaters resolved a dispute in 1986

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/30/how-skaters-resolved-a-dispute.html

1 Like

They need to meet up with The Class of 1999

2 Likes

Watching movies from a few decades ago, it is clear that fight stunt work has gotfen so much more professional. Mean streets fights looked like guys pawing at each other.

1 Like

So cheezy. Can’t hold a candle to Gleaning the Cube

4 Likes

Having grown up in the 80s, I can attest that this is 100% historically accurate.

13 Likes

It may have been the 80s, but I preferred the 1960s conflict and drama of Skaterdater.

1 Like

Came for the Rickroll… :frowning:

1 Like

Rakeboarding?

It’s like a mixture of Valley Girl, The Warriors, and Karate Kid. :sweat_smile:

Who knew that Thanos could shred as well as he could dust.

Well, I suppose those things are a bit similar.

2 Likes

A kid with an actual flail could really clean house in that town. What is that pink floofy thing supposed to do?

1 Like

Damn, I missed out on so much in the 80s. Nothing that cool ever happened to me. Also, all the girls I knew hadn’t that makeup, no-one jumped on the VW Golf 1 like this and there were no flaming pits.

I must have lived under a stone.
But then, I still don’t skate.

1 Like

this is how politics should work.

2 Likes

Warriors!!! Come out and SKATE! Warriors!!! Come out and SKATE!!

2 Likes

Wait, has this gone out of fashion as a way to settle dispputes? I’m always so behind the times.

2 Likes

Came here for this.

1986… hide your face!

It’s those darn Chinese wire operators!

One of my favourite films as a kid. Spent a year getting either this, The Search for Animal Chin, or Thrashin’s generic BMX equivalent RAD out every week from the video library.

Fun fact: The beer cans in this film are leftover Repo Man props.

5 Likes