How the creator of NYPD Blue gambled aways his $100 million fortune

I know someone who burns through a million or so a year, but he smuggles cigarettes.

But wouldnā€™t this make a great episode of NYPD Blue? Well, not sure what the crime is, so maybe not.

It is sad. Iā€™ll always remember how many breaks addicts were given on his shows. Such a deeply human set of solutions he pioneered during his NYPD Career, also. And the homepage for Deadwood has a ā€œsouls savedā€ counterā€¦ ohā€¦ thatā€™s a Body Counter. Well, I am sure he is a deeply compassionate man.

Otherwise itā€™s just fodder for the totally compassionate TV writers out there who never made a dime off other peoples tragedies.

I think youā€™re confusing a lack of compassion with self-loathing when it comes to his writing. Addicts who are self-aware arenā€™t exactly happy with their situation, and artistic ones often pour that contempt for themselves into their work.

2 Likes

I donā€™t see them as mutually exclusive.

And Iā€™m not going to accept an invitation to loathe myself over noting that someone without much apparent compassion in his career choices AND writing suddenly appears to need some. (the initial comment, not you, said it felt scummy to report on it)

I hope he finds some. He should not look here (to me) for it.

Whelp, hereā€™s hopingā€¦

Fair enough. But as I said in my comment, he does have a reputation for being very compassionate and generous to his industry colleagues, and chances are heā€™ll find some of it returned.

1 Like

I loved Luck, sad it was cancelled. After I watched the first few episodes I was utterly not surprised to find out he was involved. Heā€™s the master of juggling way too many characters.

I kinda lost sympathy when I read ā€œNow the Milches must get by on Davidā€™s HBO earnings, believed to be in the low-seven figures, and residualsā€.
I wish I had to ā€œget byā€ on maybe 3 or 4 million dollars a year.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.