How the Crest Team kept the Cavity Creeps under control

This played on the Captain Kangaroo show.

I vaguely recall an episode where the family met a worn out toothbrush. I don’t recall how they dealt with him.

2 Likes

Sooooo, did Toothopolis have a squad of people who flossed the gaps in the tooth wall?

Picturing pieces of crud flying in the air as the rope-like floss snaps upwards, and shreds of floss stuck between the “stones.”

1 Like

hopefully he was euthenized. the only other option was Ice flow. wait, wait, or use him to scrub under the sink.

I enjoyed how this caught the transition from “Fluoristan” to “Fluoristat” around 2:20, which I remember being baffled by as a kid. Were they different? It still had fluoride right?

Turns out they went from stannous fluoride (stannous == tin) to sodium fluoride, which is cheaper. They brought back stannous fluoride in “crest pro health”; it has a bit more antimicrobial action.

Anyone remember “Colgate with MFP for Maximum Fluoride Protection”? MFP is Sodium Monofluorophosphate. Does “maximum == more than”? No- the number of fluoride ions in each of the three types of fluoride in OTC paste is the same. You need to get prescription toothpaste for higher concentration.

Can I explain why I know these details? I can only blame the internet.

1 Like

Possibly because the Cavity Creeps look too much like Ben Grimm?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.