How to be a warm person

How to be a warm person

Layers?

(OK, I’ll watch the video now)

17 Likes

Eventually. That’s Dogwin’s Law, isn’t it?

6 Likes

To a sociopath, you are the thing.

6 Likes

It could well be on a continuum. But I suspect that trump “cares” for people the way you or I might “care” for a book or a useful tool, as something we like and find useful, not as something we have empathy for.

3 Likes

I was comin’ in with “Blankets.” but you pipped me to the post!

11 Likes

Sincerity is everything. Once you can fake that you’ve got it made.

11 Likes

“carry a pillow”.

5 Likes

‘Put on a jumper/sweater?’ was going to be my take on it.

6 Likes

This, I believe, is the distinction between cognitive empathy – the ability to recognise what other people are feeling – and affective empathy – the extent to which others’ feelings affect yours. Sociopaths/psychopaths score strongly on the former and weakly on the latter, giving them the means to manipulate people and a lack of compunction about doing so.

For people with autism, it’s the other way round: they are likely to have difficulties realising what others are feeling; but once they do realise, they are no less likely than neurotypical people to be e.g. distressed by the suffering of others

14 Likes

That was a very well-done video. I learned that I am probably not as warm as I should be. Is it too late to make a New Year’s resolution?

3 Likes

<3 <3 <3 That video is Googie-tastic! Warms the cockles of my mid-century soul, so it does!

My brain thought of these things:

3 Likes

Mine was “pee on yourself”.

5 Likes

Who is Trump?

2 Likes

So warm people are needy insecure emotional wrecks who gravitate towards the like. Got it.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I must be off to defrost my heart.

I’m just kidding. As if I had a heart :smile:

2 Likes

Friendship is liking peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

10 Likes

“Love is the fart of every heart. It pains a man when 'tis kept close, and others doth offend when 'tis let loose” – Sir John Suckling

7 Likes

That’s even better, plus you can attribute yours. I have no idea where mine came from. To be fair though, I didn’t go looking to see if I could find out who said it first.

4 Likes

I heard it in the voice of Pinkie Pie. Pass the mind-bleach plz.

4 Likes

Turns out it was Robert Bloch, a horror novelist. Another of his quotes is often miss attributed to Stephen KIng.

“Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk.”
― Robert Bloch

7 Likes