How to be a warm person

O_o

Some days, I feel like it’s all just too bizarre to be real. Like, I must have been dosed with something, or I’m dreaming, or I’m stuck in a virtualization run by someone who is losing their mind.

Today is that day. This is that post. I think perhaps I need to go find some crayons and color, far away from any electronics.

8 Likes

I think that focus upon “warmth” is an instinctive push to make relationships more inter-personal, and that this is anti-social. It’s less a little less selfish than narcissism, but not by much. It uses feelings of emotional attachment as excuses for altruistic behavior. Very few people seem to be motivated primarily by doing things in their daily life for society itself, or other larger social groups where they don’t get personal respect, money, recognition, warm fuzzies, etc. I think that it is actually nicer to try being a good person and helping people without relying upon interpersonal relationships, even though this probably won’t register on anybody’s emotional radar.

2 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

Probably just one of those lead blankets used for x-rays.

8 Likes

I wish I had a stress ball like that.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Hahaha.

2 Likes

When my daughter was really into MLP a few years ago, Fluttershy was her favorite, followed by Twilight Sparkle. Now it’s all anime all the time.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.