“How to become gluten intolerant”

Well, that’s the point. A “nutritionist” is not a medical practitioner in the usual sense of the word because unlike dieticians nutritionists are unregulated and require no training or professional qualifications. Anyone can declare themselves a nutritionist, so calling one a “medical practitioner” is a bit like calling a pet sitter a “veterinary practitioner.”

In other words, there’s a reason why they are cheaper and easier to get appointments with.

6 Likes

Speaking as a qualified nutritionist, I completely agree. Dieticians FTW, every time.

2 Likes

But your nutritionist is far more likely to also offer their services as a yoga instructor, self-trained therapist, amateur acupuncturist, chiropractic advisor, spiritual life coach and part-time doula, often in the same appointment. Why pay twice the price for half the service, is my point.

…i may need to get out of brooklyn you guys

5 Likes

There is a fantastic gluten free pizza near where I live. I can eat gluten and eats heaps but my best friend and her mum can’t so I take them there. The base is amazing not only for gluten free but just in general.

1 Like

FTFY

[filler and stuff. I AM NOT A BOT]

Three weeks with no PASTA??? Are you INSANE???

3 Likes

Can’t you just pop an Allegra? That’s what I do, every morning. No side effects, just relief. No idea if it helps with food allergies though.

After testing negative for all my former allergies (two tests to confirm this weirdness), my allergist declared that I am free; apparently this happens when you become an adult. However, my main bugaboo, mold, has so many permutations that cannot be tested for. I went off the Allegra for a while to celebrate my freedom, and then noticed I was getting much more tired, my big mold symptom. So I’m back on Allegra. Sigh.

Or the reverse happens and you become an adult and suddenly you can’t eat things anymore. <shakes fist>

3 Likes

Yeah that would be awful. I may not be out of the woods yet. Mom says to watch out for lactose intolerance. And I feel about giving up dairy much like I do about giving up pasta.

1 Like

Try being told you have a salicylate allergy.

I tried to avoid them, for a bit. Gave up very quickly and put up with occasional nasal operations instead. Most boring diet ever.

1 Like

Or antihistamine allergies. I know I have a very bad benadryl allergy. I don’t know which other antihistamines I can take safely, and which I can’t. Obviously, these are easier to avoid than salicylates, but harder to get any useful allergen-safety information about.

Not helped by how expensive anything related to medical is, so people potentially meaning well go try finding what they can on their own.

Unfortunately, unless you try it, you simply won’t know. Modern antihistimines like Allegra (fexofenadine) don’t share anything in common with diphenhydramine except that they are usually in the form of hydrochloride salts (and if you’re allergic to that, you’re doomed).

Can you just take a small amount and have an epi pen on hand (assuming that’s how bad your allergies are)? I mean, not being able to take an antihistimine when you have allergies can’t be fun.

Bonsai Chillis are better.

1 Like

I’ve never had an epi pen.

It’s possible that I’m allergic to one of the inactive ingredients. However, I’ve never had as bad an allergic reaction to any other medicine, supplement, etc.

Namaste, bitches!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.