How to get into a safe without a paperclip

I wonder what the stats are on owners failing to bolt their safes down. I’ve heard of a few instances of people either improperly bolting the safes down or not doing it at all. Honestly that’s just like gift wrapping your valuables for a burglar, they can just haul it off site and open it at their leisure.

2 Likes

You forgot the UUDECODE step.

2 Likes

The standard for bolting safes down or not is 800 lbs or heavier doesn’t need to be bolted down or have an anti-pack off kit (a fastened down frame around the bottom that prevents levering the safe up). Smaller safes usually have a hole or holes pre-drilled in the bottom to simplify bolting them down.

1 Like

Yeah i was thinking of smaller/lighter safes, though doing a search it seems that some thieves are tenacious enough to steal even bolted down safes.

1 Like

Security has to be applied in layers. Deter, detect, delay, deny, respond are the basic principles of security. It’s no good to delay a thief if they aren’t detected. The criminal will be denied access to what they want if the time to acquire it is longer than the detect>response interval.

3 Likes

Wow, that is a blast from the past I haven’t thought of in a very long time. Color me nostalgic now. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Haha. Indeed. I just leave the key in the lock of my fire safe so I don’t lose it. Plus, If there is a fire, then there is one hole the fire won’t be getting in.

1 Like

pNGuqEG

4 Likes

2 Likes

No, that’s okay! The other one, he’s coming from out of nowhere and scaring poor Arsenio!

2 Likes

giphy%20(7)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.