How to pronounce GIF

I lol’d

3 Likes

Pete and Repete were in a boat. Pete fell out, so who was left?

7 Likes

It was a stretch, but apposite.

1 Like

Yep. Just feels like a soft-G word to me. And sounds better that way. Hard-G is just…ugly.

4 Likes

Have always used the soft G.

5 Likes

Neither, because they weren’t in a boat in the first place. They were walking down the street. Pete and Repete were walking down the street. All of a sudden Pete turned in to the candy shop. Who was left?

1 Like

Sometimes I say “Sequel” and sometimes “S-Q-L”, but whichever pronunciation I’m using it’s the right one, and the other one is wrong.

3 Likes

how about LINQ?

1 Like

Pete and Repete were walking down the street, when one of them walked into a bar. The other ducked. Which one ducked? Please show all your work (50% of final grade).

4 Likes

Happily, I never have any reason to use that term.

I am sorry, but Spence Bay, my first-grade bestie, is the authority to whom I bow. The correct telling is “Pete fell into a manhole.” you’re welcome.

4 Likes

Wait…did the other one duck…duck in to the bar…for a Grey Goose?

That could matter.

3 Likes

Did he turn right into the candy store or left?

5 Likes

I had no idea this would get so violent.

2 Likes

#IT’S GRAY DUCK YOU MINNESOTAPHOBE!!!

Also the way we played it in Madison, SD, 30 miles or so from the border.

2 Likes

He turned left right into the candy store, gorged himself, and left, right?

4 Likes

And yet one sounds exactly like my second-favorite brand of peanut butter. The other doesn’t sound like anything but a cute (and sometimes animated) picture on my computer. So I use the other.

I should ask my father-in-law which he prefers. He’s a computer nerd of long standing (works for Google these days), and his last name is Gingras with a soft initial G, which nearly everyone gets wrong at first, so I suspect he might prefer the soft G for no other reason than that.

He also grew up near Boston, where they stubbornly insist on mispronouncing the name of their basketball team, so maybe they just have an allergy to hard consonants.

4 Likes

no, no. he was bodily transformed into a candy store.

hope that helps :DDDDDD

6 Likes

I don’t like peanut butter. Blech.

Same as the Glasgow football team?

Your a madman, and must be stopped.

8 Likes