How to pronounce GIF

Aye. And they should know better!

Pete is a recovering alcoholic, and Repete is his AA sponsor. Repete convinces Pete that he is having a moment of weakness, and they both go get a cup of coffee at a dirty, run down Dunkin Doughnuts.

Afterwards, Pete goes home to his wife, only to find she has left. There was a note, but Pete didn’t read it.

Repete decided to take a walk by the pond. There were ducks swimming and flouncing around. Repete lets out a long sigh, and descends into the pond.

Answer: Repete got ducked.

9 Likes

It’s something to do with Julius Kaiser, isn’t it?

1 Like

One time I was in a bar, in San Diego, at a conference hotel in between sessions.

So I’m having a soda at the bar, and in walks this duck. I turn to the guy next to me and say “is this some kind of joke?” He looked at me like I was a lunatic, so I pointed to the duck.

We laughed and decided it was time for liquor. The bartender looked at both of us like we were lunatics, because I guess the duck lived there and came in every afternoon.

7 Likes

with a stoppard?

4 Likes

I am Curius, Orange

No Grey Duck 20 mi from MN Eastern border…
#notallperipheralminnesotans

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s pronounced “hoverboard.”

1 Like

Its pronounced /məˈdmən/

2 Likes

A priest, a nun, and a rabbi walk into a bar. The bartender says “Is this some kind of joke?”

4 Likes

Do you need this?

10 Likes

Your a madame

1. How do you pronounce the word gift ?
  2. So, then, how would you pronounce the word gift without the t at the end?
  3. Are there any words in the English language where the addition of a t at the end of the word changes the sound of an initial consonant?
  4. No.
5 Likes

I’ve made similar arguments about why kilometer should not rhyme with thermometer.

How do you say kilogram? Kill-o-gram, right? Then that should tell you the right way to pronounce kilometer.

1 Like

i am going to say kilog-ram from now on. thank you.

8 Likes

If you stress the third from last syllable on all three of those words like I do, they all follow the same rule.

1 Like

I use my kill-o-meter to slay those who mispronounce gif.

9 Likes

3 Likes

?

#or
?

2 Likes