How to remove warts at home with a soldering iron

I’m sure every crazy person on earth has given you their Migraine cure, but I just saw a guy at Kripalu who teaches Positional Therapy and he specifically cured his own horrible migraines which is what got him into learning about it.

His website/book:

http://www.leealbert.com/

1 Like

And that’s why I use stumpwater in a cemetery at midnight, you bring the cat!

12 Likes

Thanks! When i get see my osteopath I’m usually pain free for weeks after wards, but he’s too good at his job and books 6 months in advance, stretches and massage help, but my trigger seem to be barometric pressure… hence why drilling a hole in my head is so appealing! The pressure is intense! :smiley: - tho the movie Pi may have disuaded me for ever…

3 Likes

Ha ha! I am very sensitive to pressure, too. Fortunately, I don’t get headaches, but, for example, if there is a hurricane or a bad storm on the way I get soooo sleepy. Also when I get tired my hearing gets really sensitive and people tell me my voice is too quiet, but to me it sounds super loud.

2 Likes

I share your reservations about this…technique…but would note, for the sake of fairness, that solder burns can actually be quite painless: I had a glob of the stuff get ‘flung’ by a bent wire straitening up with some molten solder on it and it landed on one of my fingers. The metal hardened more or less instantly, courtesy of me-the-heatsink, but the burn went deep enough to kill the local nerves so I never even felt it.

Now, dealing with a tiny 3rd degree burn on a finger joint while it healed, that I don’t recommend.

4 Likes

As a kid I had a wart burned off by a doctor. It came back. Then I used acid (Compound W). It came back.

Home-made black powder explosives finally did the trick.

4 Likes

In a chemical reaction or a kinetic one?

2 Likes

I’ll go with chemical, since no projectiles were involved.

4 Likes

I don’t recall where I saw (though I’m sure it was fiction) someone pour gunpowder into a wound, then light it to explode/cauterize the wound. Your comment made me think of that, and I winced.

2 Likes

That was Rambo III, “fixing” a gunshot wound in Afghanistan.

It did not cauterize the wound in my case.

5 Likes
2 Likes

A bit of fat wire heated under a flame has worked for me in the past.

1 Like

If you love this post, not sure how I know this, but there is a whole YouTube genre of pimple and boil popping videos.

6 Likes

There is also Two Mules For Sister Sara where they use lit gunpowder on the arrow stuck in his shoulder when driving it through to the other side.

3 Likes

#A-HA!

I knew the ridiculous “photography at night” thing was a cover for something!!!

4 Likes

And it’s good for more than just warts!

2 Likes

As a kid, I was fascinated by wart cures. Every old remedy book had a thousand ways to cure warts: rub a frog on them, knots in string, bury a key under a horse’s turd, I dunno. Now that I’m a grownup with actual warts, I can’t get the damn things to go away, and turd keys don’t work, I can tell you. Neither does freezing, nor the paint-on stuff.

5 Likes

I was living in a big city once, and had to go to a dermatologist. Even in a city, the wait was six months.

Unrelated to that particular instance, I’ve removed warts one or twice on my own, but I didn’t use a soldering iron. What I found to work well is an upside-down can of keyboard duster. You make a little mask out of cardboard or some-such to protect your finger (i.e., make a cutout the size of the wart) and freeze the bastard off by spurting the duster on it.

I would recommend this to anyone before they try that soldering iron thing! There was really no associated pain, and the wart fall off within a week, never to return (in my lucky experience).

6 Likes

Maybe you need to detox?

2 Likes

I have literally lost friends over foot bath “detoxes” - like they stopped talking to me because THIS IS NOT A THING OMG STOP!

9 Likes