How to remove warts at home with a soldering iron

I’m going to go find a corner to scream in for a while now, thank you.

I had 4 much smaller warts on my hands that I did by finding a paperclip whose diameter was approximately the size of the wart, heating it up on the stove, and then burning it off.

The trick is basically what he depicted: you want to basically give yourself a second degree burn where the wart is. It does hurt, but not too bad.

My favorite is lighting the polystyrene tree model parts comes on, on fire. You let the melting plastic fall on the wart. Wart is so shocked by this experience it does not grow back.

1 Like

Holistic medicine - you’re doing it wrong.

“How to remove warts at home with a soldering iron…”

You mean you’ve never seen John Carpenter’s The Thing?

Egads, man; that’s classic scifi/horror at its best!

1 Like

I did see it 30 some years ago, but I have a really bad… uh… the thing that helps you remember stuff.

2 Likes

Well, the special effects haven’t held up as well as they could have in that amount of time, but luckily, The Thing was not solely reliant upon its visuals; much of the film’s scariness is due to the near palpable psychological atmosphere of paranoia and distrust.

4 Likes

On your recommendation I’ll order it from the library and watch it again next week.

1 Like

As a teen, I got rid of a big, bumpy wart on my wrist by burning it with a magnifying glass on a sunny day. I only burned it for a few seconds, until it started smoking, but it fell off and healed perfectly within a month.

2 Likes

Hell, I’d even go far as to say that the 2011 prequel wasn’t half bad, all things considered…

2 Likes

I just use a #60 drill bit in a pin vise for fingernails.

1 Like

*adds to list of things never to accidentally search on youtube*

7 Likes

I would be remiss by not mentioning this DIY surgery device by Brett Doar, the guy who made OK Go’s Rube Goldberg machines…

1 Like

I, uhhhhh . . . also know about this.

1 Like

That could have been the Revenant, Leonardo DiCaprio cauterized some bear claw shape holes in his neck with that technique.

1 Like
4 Likes

I personally don’t have any problem this conceptually (I’ve dabbled in home surgery before). What disturbed me was the old and dirty tip. He could have at least used a fresh one! Hello, lead poisoning!

1 Like

I’ve used vinegar before. (Some people claim it must be apple cider vinegar for some reason. I used cheap white cleaning vinegar which cost a few dollars for several litres). soak a small bit of cotton wool in it. Put over wart and then ‘band-aid’ in place. (Do at bed time). In morning remove band-aid+cottonwool. Repeat every night. By end of week, wart gone. The wart just ‘peels off’.

2 Likes

The doctor would use slightly different tools(either a large needle or a small electrocautery device); but ‘poke a hole in the nail and relieve the pressure’ is what you’d expect to get from the doctor for a subungual hematoma as well.

There are definitely a wide variety of ailments where a doctor’s superior expertise(or at least legal access to anesthetics) make DIY medicine foolish as well as gruesome; but this one is a pretty good candidate for very-outpatient handling.

Wart soldering, not so much.

3 Likes