How to tell if you're flying on a Boeing Max 737

I wonder if the brand consultants noticed that in-oui sounds like ennui?

Maybe of it was On Oui. But In Oui doesn’t sound a lot like it to me, tbh.

Article is useless without photos or illustrations.

I always check the little plate on the edge of the door frame when boarding a plane to see its age. Does that not show the aircraft model? Of course it’s too late to back out by that point.

1 Like

Not that a BB article ever has to be useful, but this topic is a special type of horror.

We have two choices:

1. Fly (with ignorant bliss*), or
  2. Don’t Fly (knowing you might have had to fly on a Max).

#2) is the tricky one. You could bail at the jetway and wait for the next flight and repeat the process. Or plan ahead. In that regard this is the only useful advice so far:

• Ignorant bliss - The only time I consciously and intentionally relax is on a jetliner. Once committed, there is really nothing anyone can do to change the outcome of the next 2 to 14 hours. Except read the safety card and be a calm influence for those around you.
1 Like

Maybe they did but then grew tired of the futility of trying anything so let it go.

1 Like

According to Patrick Smith (he of “Ask the Pilot”), rather than replace the venerable 757/767 dual-aisle wide body, Boeing decided to make the 737 operate in a role for which is was not suited.

2 Likes

boeing.scale

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.