How to tow a car with rope and no-one at the wheel

Maybe they had an infected tailgate, and attached a string to a car to help yank out the tailgate, because they can’t afford auto insurance?

6 Likes

Sounds spectacular, but I’m confused about the precognition, was there no driver in the compact, or some other problem?

Or a lot more mass…

2 Likes

They were driving too fast, the driver in the car being towed kept getting jostled around when the rope would get taut causing him to swerve more and more. We could easily tell it would not end well and we did not want to get side swiped while trying to pass.

2 Likes

Amateurs.

The right way to do this is to sit in the driver’s seat of the REAR car and use a series of ropes and levers to operate the controls of the front car from afar like someone being pulled in a chariot.

Basically the logical extension of the Mr. Bean school of creative driving.

6 Likes

“Hey buddy, you need a hand?”

“Yeah, thanks!”

“No problem.” (Applauds, then drives away.)

2 Likes

I was the rear driver, my boss in the front. He used a really long tow rope, because he’s the boss. He runs a yellow, leaving me still very much on the other side of the intersection when the light turns red. Sad to think automation will put an end to this type of adventure.

2 Likes

This jogged a memory.

Friend of mine in high school was driving his scooter around town. He stopped at a stop sign by an intersection, started to to turn the corner and accidentally drove into the curbing of the sidewalk and ate it. The scooter sort of landed on him so he was pinned under it, and while he was laying there someone who had seen the whole thing ran up to him and in a concerned tone asked if he was ok. He said he was and the guy proceeded to laugh in his face and then walk away.

4 Likes

My favorite Bean scene!

What is it with dudes in pickups?

4 Likes

That’s a classic fail up there with stumps smashing windows.

When physics, and your preconceptions of physics, don’t line up…

1 Like

But wait…who’s holding his beer?

2 Likes

He could hold it - between his knees.

2 Likes

Maybe the video starts after they used their viral video camera to call law enforcement?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.