How to willfully alter your brain’s ability to willfully alter your brain’s abilities

[Read the post]

I am a certified hypnotherapist and as such effect though and therefore brains the neuro-plastic level.

Trying to get the AMA to admit that is a problem though.

What he’s not telling you is that you can get the same effect by eating more tacos.

1 Like

I think your grammar is on drugs.

you can willfully alter your brain

Fun fact: even Aristotle knew this, although he thought it was in your heart.

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot an “at” .

I knew Aristotle had some thoughts about this.

Scientism has a real blind spot around the effects of Hypnosis though.

Shame though because it’s so damn effective in treating so many things.

Blurb: Wim Hof first caught the attention of scientists when he proved he was able to use meditation to stay submerged in ice for 1 hour and 53 minutes without his core body temperature changing. Since then, he’s climbed Mount Everest in his shorts, resisted altitude sickness, completed a marathon in the Namib Desert with no water and proven under a laboratory setting that he’s able to influence his autonomic nervous system and immune system at will.

I’ve been familiar with the breathing technique for a while, I was introduced to it as The Path of Fire but recently got back into the practice. It’s very effective but I would caution anyone trying it to also include some regular just sitting meditation as a supplement. Light headedness and halucinations are common with Hof’s method.

1 Like

I can tell my brain to think anything… I think?

1 Like

You can.

It might not produce answers you like… though.

I practice thinking about poop by thinking about poop.
By now I’m getting pretty good at it.

Does it smell?

My brain or the poop?

Haha! I was referring to the poop in your comment.

Scientists too, and for a reason, considering some of the damage it’s done, esp in regard with things like ‘recovered memories’. It’s therapy, which means if anything it’s more of an art than a science.

1 Like

Hmmmmm…I guess there really is power in positive thinking.

BTW, on the podcast, just a thought, but why not insert the spoiler alert before the spoiling material? Just as a courtesy to those of us still stuck in linear time. Perhaps give some thought to those of us for whom the end of a cherished series was just ruined by your actions. You are not so smart, indeed.

When I differentiate the two I’ll let you know.

I’m a

2 Likes

Just look at you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.