How Uber sabotages rival Lyft

[Permalink]

1 Like

Uber has acquired a reputation for using nasty business tactics against rival Lyft, such as .

Such as what @beschizza!? They’ve gotten to you too!

3 Likes

I do believe some editting is needed in this post. And maybe a link to The Verge?

I’m blogging with the wordpress ios app, damn thing has a mind of its own.

1 Like

That’s just what Uber wants you to think.

Also I’m saddened that there weren’t any good results in my google image search for “uber uber alles”.

1 Like

If I was involved in any way, this would probably be awful. But as an outsider, it’s kind of entertaining.

I found an interesting thread on reddit’s Chicago sub a few days ago about what appears to be a back and forth between the two maybe? Or a cabbie conspiracy to kill them both? Let’s just get the lidars mounted already and kill three birds with one stone is all I’m saying. http://www.reddit.com/r/chicago/comments/2e7olm/the_demise_of_lyft_and_uber_in_chicago/

Ah! That would explain why you linked to The Verge’s mobile site, rather than the full one.

1 Like

From the article is it not at all clear if this is just a) aggressive recruiting - which is not really considered “sabotage” by most people not trying to garner clicks and links – or if b) Uber is actually trying to impact Lyft’s revenue by purposely calling in and then canceling rides.

Does anyone actually know if b) is happening?

2 Likes

What, Lyft wasn’t doing an effective enough job sabotaging itself with those stupid moustaches and mandatory fist-bumps?

1 Like

The mustaches are one of the works marketing decisions ever.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.